Dropshipping Process: What Is It & How To Start Dropshipping Business Online?
Imagine someone giving you an order of a beautiful dress or a pair of boots online, you accept the order, call another guy and tell him to drop the parcel at an address and earn equal profits! How does that sound? Wonderful, eh! Well, you have just got an idea of dropshipping. Now let’s dive into the details of dropshipping process. But before we go ahead, we should tell you that it needs a lot of patience, commitment and hard work, just like most other businesses. We hope that you are ready for all.
What Is Dropshipping?
Dropshipping is a business process where you do not need to hold an inventory and yet can run the online store. Without the worry of packing and preparing the order of dispatch, you just need to ask the supplier or retailer to do the same for you.
There are three sides of dropshipping that includes customers, retailers(you) and manufacturers. Here, the customer has only one point of contact i.e. retailer. Whereas a manufacturer prepares the product, finishes it and delivers it to the doorstep of the customer only after the retailer tells him to do so.
As a retailer, your brand name is the one behind whose name processes go on. Moreover, you are the one who deals with manufacturers on wholesale prices and sells it to the customer at higher prices. Got your profits?
How To Start A Successful Dropshipping Business Online?
- Focus On A Niche Or Idea
While you are focusing on a niche or a new idea to make your business profitable, some research is mandatory. This research is based on people’s choice, their demand and your trust. You have to understand that the competition is cut-throat and any kind of sluggishness would not lead to a better place. Hence, you must focus on a niche which you are passionate about as well as people love it equally.
- To start the dropshipping process, look what is trending in the market. Being extravagant is good but if your goodness is not acceptable in the market, better change the niche.
- Keep an eye on the Google Trends to find which niche is moving up or downwards.
- Check what your competitors are doing. For example, a fashion retailer may look at Zara’s website for a reference and note down their own learnings.
In short, your research matters long before you make a dropshipping business plan
2. Time To Look For A Supplier
Have you decided which niche you want to be with? Good! It’s time to list down the suppliers. Search them on the internet, social media profiles or visit them if present locally. Talk to them about business plans, profit sharing and divide the work according to the ease of both the parties. However, before finalizing the deal, it is best to go for a quality check on a personal level.
For example, if you are starting with fashion retailing, you must be sure of the quality of textile, stitch, brand label, detail work and other things that a customer wants at a basic level. Moreover, you can add some jewelry or footwear on an offer basis, as and how it works. Whatever be the case, a good deal between you and the supplier is the basis of a dropshipping business plan.
3. Build A Store
Now there are different ways of building an online store.
- Make a new website, prepare it with the help of an SEO expert and post your products online. Also, keep the name of the website in such a manner that you can add various products to it at later stages. For example, you might be starting with women’s clothing today but as it expands, you may want to add men’s clothing and their accessories as well.
- Use social media channels like Facebook or Instagram to sell your products as they have gained a huge popularity nowadays and this dropshipping process is not likely to fail in the coming future.
- Pay rent to other websites that can take up your brand till you try to settle your foot in the field.
4. Smart Marketing
Probably, the most important job to reach out to your customers. Starting from mouth publicity to messages, emails and social media, choices are abundant. Before you start your dropshipping business, this is most crucial. Using hashtags, tagging your clients, and promoting your business with the help of graphics designers are some of the ways you can market smartly.
5. Keep Optimizing
Now to run the dropshipping process for a sustainable time, you must keep optimizing everything. From website or online account optimization to keeping a check of the product quality, your efforts account to the profits you have been looking for.
We hope that you have got the overall idea of dropshipping business as well as dropshipping business plan. Now you may run the business just like you have ever thought and make huge money out of it.
Need any advice? Drop your question in the comment section below.